FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HAVE A QUESTION? CHECK OUT OUR FAQ's BELOW
No! Our members are regular everyday people just like you! Our oldest member is over 60 years old, so it just goes to show that you don't have to be young and fit to start training at SSMT!
Safety is of the upmost importance at SSMT. And, because all martial arts carry an element of danger, our programs have been developed in such a way as to avoid the possibilities of injuries, making our programs accessible to anyone who wants to enjoy the many benefits Muay Thai training has to offer.
Absolutely not - that is our job! Our team is dedicated to working with you, to build fitness and technique.
Yes - all members are required to book classes that they want to attend. This ensures that our classes are not overcrowded, and helps our coaches with planning teaching content. Classes can be booked here. Please note that some classes may not be available or fill to capacity without prior notice.
If you arrive more than 5 minutes late for a class, you will not be permitted to begin training in that class. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for a class, in order to avoid disappointment.
Yes, we have separate male and female showers and change rooms.
The process is easy! Simply book in for a free trial by clicking here, and we can take it from there.
We are a Member’s Only gym - and to maintain the integrity of our clients and culture, we do NOT accept random walk-ins or casual classes.
SSMT is located at Black Forest Shopping Centre, on the corner of South Rd and Byron Rd, Black Forest. For more information please refer to the details here.
1. A pair of your own boxing gloves
3. A towel (compulsory)
4. Water bottle
5. Clean, comfortable exercise attire
If you don’t have the equipment mentioned above, you can purchase these items at our in-store gym shop.
Yes, off street parking is available on Byron Rd, or in Black Forest Shopping Centre.
SSMT memberships provide a multitude of benefits. You get access to our classes which are structured to assist you with goal achievement, and as a member you also get access to our online community, which provides you with motivation, support and accountability.
- Stay calm and ego free
- Be polite, respectful and humble towards members, instructors and staff
- Be open minded and willing to learn
- No swearing
- Bring a towel to each training session
- Book a class before arriving, and sign-in before each and every class prior to the class commencing
- Avoid being disruptive in class
- Be on time to a class
- No spitting
- Keep good hygiene by wearing clean clothing when attending class, and be aware of your body odour
- No sharing of gloves. Unless you are attending your first class, you must have your own gloves and equipment
- Pick up after yourself - put away all equipment in a tidy manner after use.
- Use equipment correctly – if unsure, please ask
- Pay attention to, and follow your coaches instructions at all times
- SSMT is not responsible for personal belongings of members. Please look after your belongings.