SOUTHSIDE MUAY THAI & FITNESS - COVID19 POLICY
Effective 15 March 2020
Southside Muay Thai & Fitness (SSMT) encourages everyone to follow Government advice on how best to protect yourself from this virus. It is important that we all practice good hygiene methods, whether at the gym, at home or anywhere else in public. SSMT would like to reassure our members that our services and capabilities remain unaffected for the time being. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and following World Health Organisation and Government recommendations.
Training at SSMT
Currently, training will carry on as usual. However, we are aware that there might be a requirement to modify our class timetable or undergo a period of closure (e.g. in the event of self-isolation). This is unprecedented for us, so we appreciate your understanding and support as we deal with this situation together over the coming weeks and months.
We will continue to update you all as this situation develops. For the latest advice, information and resources, go to www.health.gov.au
Policy Guidelines and Update
- Isolation Protocols
We request that members do not attend the gym under the following circumstances:
- If you or any of your family has been asked by a workplace, school or medical professional to stay home and/or self-isolate, until you have received medical clearance.
- If you, anyone in your family or any close contacts experience any flu-like symptoms, until you/your family member receives medical clearance.
- If you have returned from a country or region that is at high or moderate risk for COVID-19, or you think that you may have been in close contact with a confirmed case of corona-virus, go to www.health.gov.au/covid19-travellers for the list of at-risk countries and isolation requirements.
- Cleaning and Sterilisation
- We will be increasing our regular sterilisation of mats, pads and general areas.
- We already have professional cleaners who visit, and we have doubled our regular cleaning schedules and sterilisation procedures.
- Members must use their own gloves and shin pads. No exceptions.
- We strongly encourage members to use hand sanitiser or wash their hands upon entering and exiting the building. We will provide hand sanitiser for everyone to use.
- Everyone should wash their hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, after going to the toilet, and after training. Visit https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/hand-washing for more information.
- Practice cough and sneeze etiquette. However, our focus is on ill people staying home at this stage.
- We strongly discourage members and staff from touching their own face.
- We may need to defer activities that lead to unnecessary mixing between members, e.g. clinching.
- Food and drinks
- Please limit the amount of food and drinks brought to the gym at the present time.
- Keep water bottles separate and do not share them.
- We will be throwing out left behind water bottles, they will not be kept in lost property for the time being.
- Health Issues
- We invite members and families to share any significant health issues with us, as we are aware that you may have specific advice from a health professional. For example, wear a mask for protection, not because they are unwell or carrying a virus.
- We are aware that people have a right to confidentiality and will seek permission before sharing information about anyone's health or isolation requirements.
Based on information and updates, we will make modifications to any or all of these measures as required. Our members' well being and health is our main concern regarding these matters.
How to contact us regarding this policy
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 Policy, please contact:
Southside Muay Thai & Fitness
Shop 12, Black Forest Shopping Centre
715-727 South Rd Black Forest SA 5035