Some of us have been struggling to get motivated this winter. Here are 4 easy ways to get you Motivation and Energy back.
1. Clean Eating: no point trying to get motivated to train by eating bad food. Unhealthy food will make you feel sluggish and tired. My suggestion is simply start today with good clean food, 3 to 4 litres of water and minus the sugar.
2. Fasting to lose Fat: one of the tricks we use for training and racing an Ironman distance event. Fasted session will teach your body to tap into your fat for energy rather than your carbs. p.s don’t do a fasted session if it is longer than 60mins for beginner.
What my look like for Monday to Friday.
- 9:00pm finish dinner (30g protein, low carb, high fat and lots of veg)
- 6:00am Espresso coffee as a pre workout
- 8:00am Training – usually a double session total of 2hours
- 11:00am Breakfast – 100gm Porridge, fruits and a protein shake or 2 eggs, Danish feta, sweet pots, lots of English spinach and olive oil.
- Total Fasting 14hours
Weekend sessions are longer – breafast before session Porridge 100g with honey and no sugar natural peanut paste with Kaya(coconut jam) on toasts and Espresso coffee. Or Sweet pot on toasts with Espresso off-course.
3. Make a time: best way to get motivated for Winter cold morning is to bring you mate to join(suffer) with you. It’s easy to get your session done if you promise them a good coffee and breakfast after training. Remember eat clean.
4. Sign up for an event: City to Bay is a great event to sign up in.. In the past we never focus on the running part for City to Bay training. Just Muay Thai sessions 3 to 4 times per week plus 30min easy run before session. You might even like it.
Felt free to drop me an email or inbox me on Facebook… Happy Winter